As the flooding begins to go down and people no longer need a boat to get down their driveway, we start to get to see the damages left behind and though you may not know it but the flooding may have caused damage to your plumbing and more, so if you didn’t think of it before, here is a list of things for you to check out.
1. Water Leaks – The high-pressured rains may have caused damage to pipes so keep an eye out for puddles or damp areas that may appear after the rainfall.
2. Overflowing Drains – Floodwaters may have caused debris to flow down drains so you should check for blockages and damaged pipes using a snake line to clear blockages and calling for replacement pipes on damaged pipes.
3. Warped Siding – Some siding may become warped due to water damage so it is important to check.
4. Leaking Roof – The heavy rains may have worn away at your shingles and unless you want water pouring into your home the next time it rains, you should get it fixed right away.
5. Basement Flooding – Basements flood easily as water can pour in from your siding.
After the rainfall it is important to get your house checked out from having a plumber come out to check your pipes to a contractor to check the roof and siding.
Give us a call if you have any questions or want us to come out and check your plumbing!